ABOUT THE PROCESS
Hydro Excavation is a non-destructive method of excavation using high pressure water to loosen and liquify the soil, while a high-flow vacuum system simultaneously extracts the material from the dig site.
A debris tank collects the material which helps keep the job site clean and free of debris and unnecessary soils around the dig site.
Unlike backhoes, augers and trenchers, this method virtually eliminates the risk of damaging buried pipelines, cables, utilities and other underground structures while digging.
The process also requires less backfill, labor, restoration and has less environmental impact than traditional techniques.
Because of its speed, safety and accuracy, Hydro Excavation has quickly become a preferred dig method in many industries.
Hydro Excavation can also be referred to as hydro-vac, vacuum excavation, hydro vacuum excavation or soft digging.
EXAMPLE OF TRUCK
TYPICAL TIMELINE FOR AN IHE JOB
- IHE reps travel to job site to perform evaluation to submit quote
- IHE Quote approved
- Daily Pre Trip Inspection performed on IHE truck
- IHE truck arrives on ‘dig day’ and begins setup
- IHE performs on site safety inspection, including overhead powerlines and soil condition.
- Gears Up by putting on all personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Performs job to job specifications and obtains approval that job completed properly
- Cleans up job site as close to original as possible.
- After returning to IHE headquarters, performs post trip inspection.